Wednesday, October 30, 2013

{Simply Engaged: Carey & Joe}

Another post in SBTN's series: 

Simply Engaged
A glimpse into my amazing couples and their love.  
I mean I am really lucky to have such great peeps!

So here's a little more about the super FUN

{Carey & Joe}
. . . 

Wedding Date: March 8th 2014
Wedding Locations: St. John's Church & Lake Union Cafe

{How did you two love birds meet?}

"We met at a mutual friend's Halloween party in 2010. He was dressed as an old man and I was dressed as Rufio, the leader of the lost boys in Hook.  We came in first (Joe) and second (me) place in a costume contest... I was robbed.  
Now we dress up together so there's no chance 
of me losing to him again!"


{How did he pop the big question?}

"I threw him a big 30th birthday party with about 40 of our friends and family there.  He was giving a speech and at the end made a big show of giving me a present.  It was a Victoria's Secret box, which I thought was totally inappropriate given the fact that our mothers were standing 10 feet away
but there was a Seattle Bride magazine in the box 
and when I looked up he was down on one knee. :)"

{What is your fave date spot/activity?}

"hmmm... I don't know if we have a favorite, but Seahawks games and trying new restaurants are something we do quite a bit!"


{What is your fave part about the wedding planning process?}

"Oh gosh, honestly? I don't really love any of it!  I'm really looking forward to the day of, but there are so many decisions to make and so many people who have an input I'm kind of ready for it to just get here. :)  I would say my favorite part is the excitement that all our friends and family will be in the same place at once.  That will be pretty amazing."

{Advice for planning a wedding to other couples?}

"Start early!  
The more you can get done ahead of time, the less you'll have to worry about as the day gets closer.  It's a short amount of time between "that's a long way away"  to "that's just around the corner!"

{His faves}
Notre Dame/Seahawks Football
Golf
Sweets
Hummus
Hats (like baseball caps, he has about 50, I swear)
Beer

{Her faves} 
Montana/Seahawks Football
Reading
Baking and eating the things I bake (sweets)
Wine
Horseback riding


{What first caught your eye?}

{Joe} 
"Her throw up face 
(ugh... there's more to the Halloween party story that I will not be making public!) 
and her nice legs."

{Carey} 
"His sexy old man mask. just kidding. Maybe that he actually talked to me after he saw my "throw up face"? It really wasn't my best night."


{On my wedding day I am most excited about . . .}

{Carey} 
"Being able to spend the day with the most important people in our lives and dancing the night away with my husband (eek!)."

{Joe} 
"Marrying the love of my life. (he really said that... and I laughed.)"


{Fave meal your fiance makes for you?}

{Carey} 
"He makes the best pasta dish every Valentine's Day.  The first time he made it we weren't even officially dating... now I insist it's a tradition we can never give up. :)"

{Joe} 
"She makes a mean breakfast sandwich with whatever we happen to have in the fridge."


{If we could travel anywhere for our honeymoon we would . . .}

"We would go where we are going! 
We would go to Costa Rica and lay on the beach. go surfing and eat good food."


AND I just got this photo from this Halloween!
Mary and Warren from "There's Something About Mary" . . .
Genius right?!

I mean really aren't they the cutest?! 
I know this wedding in March will be one fun party!

Happy Halloween everyone:)
(and happy anniversary to these two love birds meeting!)

No comments:

Post a Comment