Friday, April 11, 2014

{Simply Engaged: Jacqueline & Matt by Blue Rose Photography}

This here is another post in SBTN's series: 

Simply Engaged

Yet another sweet and adorable couple of mine . . . who are so in love!
Here's a little more about the lovely

{Jacqueline & Matt}
. . . 

Wedding Date: June 28th 2014
Wedding Location: Golden Gardens
Photographer: Blue Rose Photography
Hair and Makeup: Yessie Libby Makeup and Hair


{How did you two love birds meet?}

"The two of us met at Kamiak High School in Mukilteo, WA. 
We knew each other from middle school and high school orchestra, but it wasn’t until my senior year and Matt’s junior year that we started really getting to know each other (Matt: She was waaaaaay better than me)
I still remember the fateful day when we were both attending one of our high school’s football games and our eyes met from across a crowd of people 
(we are both rather tall). My best friend looked at me and said, “That Matt is kind of cute”. I agreed, and that evening I “friended” him on MySpace. He struck up a conversation with me, and from then on we wrote back and forth to each other every evening after school. I remember eagerly awaiting his responses in between homework and practicing violin 
(Matt: I always responded eagerly between homework and deciding if I was going to practice violin or not that night or just read a book instead. She was way better at violin).  
After a few weeks of this, and meeting with groups of friends at football games, 
he asked me on a date. Two days before we even had that date, he asked me to “go steady” with him. He utilized the help of my best friend to arrange a locker scavenger hunt, where the final locker held a tape recording of my favorite classical piece and him speaking over it, complete with a rose and chocolates. Two days later we went on our first date 
(Matt: Fifteen points to anyone who can guess which classic 2005 Nicolas Cage film we went to go see.  Hint – it was The Weather Man)
and have never been apart since."


{How did he pop the big question}

"In December 2012, Matt arranged for the two of us to take a trip to Victoria, B.C. to celebrate my 25th birthday. Victoria is where we took our first trip together, so we have fond memories of being there for the holidays. Having already been together for 7 years and having been living together for a few years, it was very difficult for him to be secretive 
(Matt: It was the challenge of a lifetime)
The holidays are such a busy time for us, when we’re traveling across the country trying to catch up with family and friends, and I had my doubts that we could find time amidst all of that. But he insisted (which was the first red flag). The day of my birthday we took the Victoria Clipper up from Seattle, and spent the day exploring. We’re photographers when we’re not doing graduate school work, so we enjoy seeing the sites and finding ways to creatively document our explorations 
(Matt: And keep in mind, I had a big ring box in my pocket through all of this.  So it was more than a little awkward, trying to hide an engagement ring sized lump in my coat pocket)
As we went about our day, I could tell something was up since he was being a little bit quiet. He clearly was thinking hard about something, and I just had that feeling that this was the day! So all day long I kept trying to find ways where the two of us could be secluded from other people –trying to find any opportunity to help make it happen (Matt: Including one awkward moment where we walked into an alcove after I’d temporarily transferred it to a zipped pocket in my camera bag.  There’s no way I was going to wait that long and not be at least a little smoother than fumbling with a zipper)
It wasn’t until the end of the day that we were walking around Buchart Gardens for their holiday lights festival. We stumbled across a cabin that overlooked the main display of lights and when I turned toward him, he was down on one knee."


{What is your fave date spot/activity?}

"Our favorite activity, by far, is photography. It’s just so fun for the both of us to go out and explore new areas. We could go for a hike and not make it very far because we both just start snapping away. I love that we both appreciate the beauty in nature and share a common passion in finding ways to share with others the way we see this beauty. When we’re not out shooting, we enjoy watching movies and shows and snuggling up with our two cats, Lorne and Cosmo. We try to find balance in all things we do, so we’re never bored and always loving life (Matt: Ditto)."


{What is your fave part about the wedding planning process?}

"My favorite part about the wedding planning process has been the inspiration and planning of small details that set the mood and feel of the wedding day, and make the whole day unique to us. I love daydreaming about the way things will all look when they come together, and I have trouble with having too many ideas (Matt: Fortunately I’m always there to offer a non-committal shrug, cause they all sound fine to me)
Additionally, I have really enjoyed making connections with our vendors. We have such an awesome line-up of talented people!"


{Advice for planning a wedding to other couples?}

"I would say to start as early as possible. 
There are lots of things to do, and it’s really important if you want to find the right vendors and make sure they’re available for your day, to book them way in advance. And it’s never too early to look at all the vendor options that are out there and start getting an idea of ones that would work in your style/preference and budget. First up, is the venue. Once you have that and a date set, then everything else can fall into place. So research venues asap, especially if considering a popular time such as during the summer months (particularly August)."


{Her Faves} 

Loves photography
nature
lavender
cloudy days
tall pine trees
our two cats
a good pair of skinny jeans
vanilla lattes
rustic modern décor


{His Faves} 

Loves photography
chocolate chip cookies
role-playing games
fantasy novels and comics
warm summer nights
the cats
trying new things
Jackie ;)


I mean really could they be any cuter?! 
I am SO honored to be chosen as their wedding coordinator, and CAN'T WAIT to help with their big wedding day.  Oh and to work with an AMAZING team!

XOXO congrats again Jacqueline & Matt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment